MagicDuel - Loreroot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creature ideas

Go down 
+8
*abaddun*
udgard
Vessiel
Thyron
CrazyMike
Dahc Nosral
Eden
Morquor
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

Creature ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:59 am

CrazyMike wrote:
Well I thought Rendang also means Low lying. Nice to know someone else understands Malay.

Morquor, maybe u can suggest the stats.

I was thinking of a strong defensive creature.

Maybe it was abit too strong? Razz

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Ah, I see. There's also a similar word, Rendah which means short. Oh well, I live in Indonesia so, the meanings on my country might be a bit diiferent with Malaysian Malay =)
Back to top Go down
*abaddun*

*abaddun*

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 pm

what about something that can pick at random ,your enemys creatures and take on that creature stats and performs one of that creatures abilities for that turn
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 am

a shape shifter?

interesting idea.....

i have only seen it with MRD with his mirror spell.

affraid
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Hmm, it could be an interesting idea. It would be an ultimate weapon against better MP5 players... Razz Lets see, if our enemy got a creature , a maxed something, and we are weak, but got this one, this could turn the tide... If it copies our other units, then it would be much different, but this could bring a lot of luck factor to the battle...

Dunno, i think it's a good idea. Maybe it's power skill shall define how many percent it copies of enemy unit. For Example: it has 50 power, it becomes an 50% stron unit: with max aramor, it has 500 Vit, 35 Attack and dunno how much defense... Smile
But if it's power can go higher than 100, it would make a real good creature. But if it happens, how can it be defeated? For this, it shall copy friendly units as well, so that cannot happen i got 6 of this mimic, and that becomes 6 über-powerful unit, because it can copy his friend (the same mimic) too.
It needs a little bit more work, but we've got time... Smile
Back to top Go down
Tarquinus

Tarquinus

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:34 pm

We Children of the Eclipse seek shapeshifters, which are often associated with the Moon. I had planned to post suggestions about such creatures, though I have been busy lately.

Our Sibyl's power waxes and wanes with the Moon (even if we cannot see its phases, we know it to be there and we know this cyclicity to be true). Therefore, I thought of a Chaos Wolf whose powers increase and decrease cyclically. This may be too much to code; but it may not.

Many creatures are credited to have the power to change their shapes. The master shifter posited above would be a formidable being, but needs a weakness, I think.
Back to top Go down
*abaddun*

*abaddun*

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:55 pm

i thought abot that, it will be very weak only haveing 100 vit at lvl 1 but defense 10, it should only be able to copy weak creatures at first, random next , then strong ,and finaly a bonus to all freindlys depnding on what it copied
Back to top Go down
Otton

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:34 pm

idea: creature that is able to eat other creatures, depending on the eaten creatires stats it will either gain or lose stat points, this one may be a BIG deal to MP5, if the shape shifting creature will be able to copy allied creatures... it may be bloody Smile
Otton

Edit: let's get wild... creature that attacks all enemies, creature that requires 2 spaces, creature that KO, shocks, poisons or takes over control the enemy creatures so that it attacks their former allies, creature that for a period of time loveres the LV of the enemy creature, for egz. from 3 lv to 2 lv, creature that kicks out enemy creature without killing it, just like targeted enemy creature never arrived at the battle field, creature immune to all, creature with a mirror effect, creature that is powered up during some time and half size the other time, like vampire and his coffin... many more ideas to come Smile

Edit 2: kamikaze creatures, cursing creatures, a creature which deals more damage when lover HP,I'll just threw some ideas and see what will stick to the wall, this is it for today;

edit3: creatures that join into one creature;
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

I would like to see the shape shifter only getting to mirror the enemy's creature.

The creature it choses should be random only as this would be a wild card.

If the enemy only has strong creatures, this would help the attacker.

An unknown element that can make or break a fight.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Aeoshattr

Aeoshattr

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:32 am

From what I've seen, no one ever thought of Druids... I mean druids are really connected to nature, right? Take this for example:

Apprentice Druid
Still a novice in the arts of nature, he can only make plants sprout from the ground to entangle an enemy. However, you will discover that his ability to learn is unbelievable.
Weaken defence - Random, strong.
Stats: well, i'm not good at stats, so you do the maths...

Druid
As every day passes he becomes more and more experienced. soon, he will be able to learn the art of shapeshifting, but for now. he learned to boost the strength of his allies.
Weaken defence, boost - Multiple
stats: same thing (not the same stats; i really don't understand the stats system in MD)

Feral Druid
Once a bright nature wizard, he lost all his contact with natural magic, now only beeing able to shapeshift.
Bear form (+def); Cat form (+attk); Bird form (+initiative), targets only himself
Stats: you guessed... Very Happy

Druid of the Talon

* don't have time to finish now, i'll edit my comment tomorrow, tell me if u like the idea..Very Happy*

Last edited by Aeoshattr on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:17 pm

I have a version of druid as well =)
But I still need to work on it some more.. I'll see if I can post it when it's done..

The shapeshifting idea is great, I like it, but IMHO,maybe the name should not be Druid of the Talon, a bit too Warcraft, isn't it? =)
Back to top Go down
Aeoshattr

Aeoshattr

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm

udgard wrote:
I have a version of druid as well =)
But I still need to work on it some more.. I'll see if I can post it when it's done..

The shapeshifting idea is great, I like it, but IMHO,maybe the name should not be Druid of the Talon, a bit too Warcraft, isn't it? =)

I agree with you, but since I wrote this comment at 11 PM last night I think it's excusable. Besides I've been playing WoW for 3 years, so it's a bit hard to get it out of my mind... I'll change the name, be sure of that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Hah, i've got tired of WoW, after about one and half years, but i still know the history better, then real life's history... Very Happy
Maybe Druid is a good idea, if it will be a little more defined (with skillz and descriptions), then we can make a voting, and after we have only have to hunt down GlorDamar for some artworks and Eden for help, and Mur, to put in the creature...
Will take some time i think...
Back to top Go down
Aeoshattr

Aeoshattr

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 am

Ok, sorry guys but I didn't have time to post until now. Here are the Druid's last stages. Instead of "druid of the talon", it will be called Druid of the roots

Druid of the Roots
Once again, Mother Nature forces him to abandon his memories to reach a higher level. He lost it's ability to shapeshift, but he gained new powers,and he is ready to defend his native woods at all costs.
Boost, Damage - All
Stats : should have high power and defence

Vahlahalla Druid (i'm not sure if I spelled it correctly-I meant that meditation state that brings back your memories or something like that)
Now that he starts to remember his previous existences, he tries to make contact with his past lives. This draws almost all his strength, but he will soon be back, stronger than ever. In this state he cannot attack.
(Let me explain: at this level he will have 10 vit points, and he will not be able to attack. He needs 5 days to reach the next level)

Archdruid of the Storms
Once he has awakened from his meditation state, he remembers what he did before, but also, he recalls all the natural magic he used until now. Woods shiver when he passes by, the sky becomes dark and cloudy, the seas boil in fear: for they all know that the Archdruid won't stop at anything to defend his home and allies.
Boost, Shatter (damage +weaken defence applied after damage) Shapeshift (see feral druid above)
Targets all
Stats: very high power, around 2000 vitality, high regeneration and medium quickness.

So? is it ok? plz tell me it is...

Last edited by Aeoshattr on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 am

Just one question. The Feral Druid has the ability of shapeshift. It's cool. That can increase his Attack or defence or initiative. But if it can only target itself, then why is this useful??? It can't even attack then! This must be solved in an other way (Maybe it would incresa stats as well as it's described, but after "shapeshift" it will do a simple damage attack on random target. It would even fit that this is "feral", so a bit bloodthirsty and etc)
Other Level's can be done, i think this is quite good Smile

Now we got:
Wisp (mine)
Oak Guardian (mine)
Druid (Aeoshattr's) <-- not fully defined
Ivy (Crazy Mike's)
Pokok (Crazy Mike's)
Shapeshifter (abaddun's) <-- undefined

Summary:
Other's are nearly completely defined and described, so it requires not so much effort, to balance them even more. There is no picture for any of the creatures, but we've got great artists in MD...
Eahc creature, except the Pokok, has new abilities, that must be programmed, and could take some time for Mur (poor Mur, we're doing him even more job...).

Waiting for more ideas, or shall we define the druid and the shapeshifter, or maybe we shall have a voting??
Back to top Go down
stormrunner

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:21 pm

just because I don't think anyone really payed attention to topic on the main forum and this looks like it may be better anyway

hidden in the deep places of loreroot there are things that even shades fear I will show you some of them

newly bitten werewolf
doing the first transformation there is much pain, rage, and uncontrolable hunger but even in this early stage there speed is beyond anything else
new skill- muti-hit the user moves so fast the get two or more hits on the same creature
tgt- random

young werewolf
still young he can not control the transformations but with the hunger is weaker so he can now control himself and chose his prey wisely
no new skill gained
tgt random weak or strong

werewolf 1
he is fully grown now he speed has increase even more,now his howl strikes fear in the heart of your foes
skills: Weaken Defence, muti hit he'll get no new skills, he will lost none as well
tgt muti

werewolf 2
more powerful then he ever was as a human he has become a true hunter able to take on any foes and and is loyal only to his master

elder werewolf
he has now become the fastest creature alive can kill armys in a second and is able to control his transformations
tgt all

reasons why this should be in loreroot, not necro, werewolfs are mostly found in the woods or sometimes in citys but almost never in barren places or grasslands

displacer beast kitten
for now just a helpless little kitten with little tentacles growing form its back but when grows up and great hunter and friend
no skills or tgt needs to grow up

displacer beast 1
after a little time and love your little pet is now ready to defend you, but it still has a power hidden within
skill dmg
tgt random

displacer beast 2
in it desire to protect it's master the power within has been found the tentacles can now bend light around itself allowing it to hide anywhere anytime
new skill hidden strike- a attack that goes around defences but is not helped by weaken defence
tgt weak strong random

I can't think of any more descriptions but I don't think it should end here

if anyone has any better descriptions or can think of stats without over doing it or can fix my bad spelling I'ld be thankful

Last edited by stormrunner on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aeoshattr

Aeoshattr

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Morquor wrote:
Just one question. The Feral Druid has the ability of shapeshift. It's cool. That can increase his Attack or defence or initiative. But if it can only target itself, then why is this useful??? It can't even attack then! This must be solved in an other way (Maybe it would incresa stats as well as it's described, but after "shapeshift" it will do a simple damage attack on random target. It would even fit that this is "feral", so a bit bloodthirsty and etc)
Other Level's can be done, i think this is quite good Smile
How about this, then? :

Feral Druid
Once a bright nature wizard, he lost all his contact with natural magic, now only beeing able to shapeshift.
Bear form (+def); Cat form (+attk); Bird form (+initiative)--> These are auras that are applied, like those of the Winderwild or Walking tree, depending of the shapeshift form. (they affect all your creatures in a ritual)
Abilities: Bear: Haotic damage - multiple; Cat: Damage, Weaken defence - Strong, Weak, Dying, Random; Bird: Weaken Defence - multiple
Stats: you guessed...

Should I edit something else? By the way, Stormrunner, I truely don't think that werewolves should be in Loreroot, or at least they shouldn't be called Werewolves... I mean Those are bloodthirsty creatures, and loreroot is supposed to be a place of peace... But that's my opinion... Annyway, i'll try to come up with new creatures soon.
Back to top Go down
stormrunner

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 pm

that I have to correct that, werewolves are hunter like all hunters they seeker prey to feed as they must, actually that is the way of nature hunters hunt it not all happy healers, like many seem to think(that really needs to be fixed) hell were are no worst then knators could be in the hunting part and no matter how much people seem to hate it loreroot is a forest it has both life and death it follows the natural cycle which is a part of peace but what I know I'm just the guy who pays attention to little things like the way things are, no need to actually pay attention to me

p.s. did you actually read my reason for picking loreroot for the werewolf it about the creature and the land, not the guardians werewolves live in the woods oftend, please, if you you know where in MD theres another one point me to it

uselesss quote that I like: to secure peace is to prepare for war
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creature ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2