MagicDuel - Loreroot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Penelope LightMoon

Penelope LightMoon

The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Empty
PostSubject: The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:07 am

We would like to collect proof of the existence of a true moon, and other celestial bodies in our skies. This can be done, not only by watching the heavens, but by watching the water.

Many have noticed the recent lowering of water in the river. This can be easily explained by draught. What cannot be explained though is similar occurences in the ocean.

We propose to watch the coastal water levels over the next several weeks. We would especially like the assistance of our allies in Golemus. That is where the coastline is most accesible. This project is very simple. Any changes in water level need to be noted.

Please remember forum rules and do not post screen shots in the forum. Screen shots of applicable change is welcome, please send it to my inbox. Anyone interested in assisting is welcome to post in this thread. Any applicable information is also welcome here. My great thanks.
Back to top Go down
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

PostSubject: Re: The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:19 am

A messenger arrived to Golemus telling me of the research activity done by the CotE. I am doing a research on Golem's Mill, which is right by the seaside, so I decided to help the research along the way. I will post my daily surveillance on two spots where the sea is visible : the Golem's Mill and the Ivory Lighthouse.

(note, early means the first 12 hours, and late means the second 12 hours of this neverending day)

Day 1, Late : I started taking the first note on the water levels. I compared it with the data I happened to take when I began my research a few days ago. There appears to be no visible change today.

Day 2, Early : Upon waking up, I took another note on the water level. Not yet any change.

Day 2, Late : I decided to take note on a second spot, the Ivory Lighthouse. No change on Golem's Mill.

Day 3, Early : no change detected

Day 3, Late : Despite no change being detected, something else came into my mind. The sun is extremely hot here because it never sets, so.. Could it be possible that any small movements on the water level becomes unnoticed because the water keeps on evaporating to steam (and then returns to water and flows back to the sea) on a fast pace? But on the other hand, steam needs a low temperature to turn back to water, so it means there is some place in this lands where the sun does not show its face. Could it be that place Bootes was talking about? I'm going to do more research to see if the waters in this Realm do evaporate.

Day 4, Early : The sea seems calm...

Day 4, Late : This turns out to be the last day of my observations. During the 4 days of my reseach, there does not seem to be any change in the sea level, but I suspect that even if there is, it would happen on a very small scale. This is because our days are very long, so I suspect that the moon's revolution might also happen on a long period, thus, changes in the sea level is hardly noticale.

I hope to be able to help more with this observation, but I heard news that the battle against the Sentinels had begun when I was doing my observations, and I cannot help but ran as fast as I could to the aramory to assist in the battle. If I get to access Golemus again, I would love to do more observations, but for the time being, I can only help in other forms.
Back to top Go down
Rinc3WinD

Rinc3WinD

PostSubject: Re: The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 am

Evaporation... i thought about this too but in a more simple manner...there is no rain!
Another point: through the underground passage when you reach the cliff, there is a nice spot where i tend to rest, think and have a smoke or two.
The waves battering against the cliffs cannot be produced only by the wind I nearly never feel on my face. So it seems there are at least currents in the sea and those are produced mainly by layers of different temperatured water but if this world hadn't any cycles the water on the surface of the sea would have the same temperature everywhere, which would make it difficult to produce a strong current except for underwater volcanoes maybe......hmmm if have to consult sparky again and reconsider this
Back to top Go down
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

PostSubject: Re: The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 am

My theory is that the rain exists in the other part of the world, the one bootes have found, where night exists. Since temperature there is much lower, then steam would return to water thourgh rain. I suspect that the water flows to our seas from that direction.. I would need to ask Bootes about this place more..
Back to top Go down
Rinc3WinD

Rinc3WinD

PostSubject: Re: The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 am

so...water would be the mean to travel between the worlds, since it already does?
Back to top Go down
Penelope LightMoon

Penelope LightMoon

PostSubject: Bootes: Moon and Tides   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:43 am

I spoke with Bootes just yesterday.

His theories are of great interest. He says both that the Moon is smaller than the Sun, and that its course is much slower than Moons that may be seen in the places we may have come from before.

Because of the size of the Moon, its view is lost in the bright glare of the Sun, he says.

His theory regarding its movement, would correspond with the findings of our tidal study so far. In the lands I have seen before a significant movement of the Ocean would have been seen by now. With the Moon in a slower orbit, it makes sense that this movement is yet to be seen in this world.
According to him, the orbit is so slow indeed that the period of "night" in this place is only a few days per month....of course, the month being determined by the Orbit of the Moon...this requires some great imagination and use of other references to wrap one's head about.

Further, Bootes states that the Moon may be in orbit around the Sun, rather than the orb which we inhabit. I confess I find the thought to be mad to a degree. I do not know what to make of it, but it may explain the oddness here, and the fact its light never shines on us. I know there is a Moon. I know I cannot see it. I have yet to decide whether Bootes speaks truly, or whether he babbles madness. Some say his very self is divided and argues amongst itself.

These theories are strange: In some ways soothing, and in others disturbing. I can only hope that one day there will not only be a period of technical night, but a night that can be seen by all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements   The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The pull of the Moon....A study in tidal movements
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MagicDuel - Loreroot :: Children Of Eclipse :: Investigations-
Jump to: