Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A search for artifacts and renderings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Penelope LightMoon

PostSubject: A search for artifacts and renderings   Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Karak suggested this. I feel it is an excellent idea. Has the Moon always been missing from this land, or is it a recent development? I feel sure that at some point in history it must have shown to all.

It's a very important symbol. It's difficult to think that if it did show, it would leave no imprints in the mind of our forefathers. Somewhere in this land, there must be a tribute. We would ask that anyone who might come across any symbols of the Moon, stars, or heavens would please post those observations here. Pictures are welcome to my inbox as well.

Several artifacts have also been found of late. A pearl was found at the ferry, and a pendant was found by another person here in MD. We hold hope that an artifact depicting the Moon may also be found.

My thanks, and happy hunting! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 am

Well, it's not an artifact, but the tent in the carnival did show the night, the stars, and the moon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarquinus

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:24 am

udgard wrote:
Well, it's not an artifact, but the tent in the carnival did show the night, the stars, and the moon...
That fact says something disturbing about the flow of time in this place. Thank you, Udgard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karak

PostSubject: A curious phenomenon from a quest   Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:07 am

I worked on Phrog's quest some time ago which alluded to extremely long days and time cycles, perhaps, not withstanding Bootes investigations, we may be in the thrall of a very looong day.

Ah but I tarry. I will continue my search.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karak

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 am

The more I search the more I become convinced that some relics may have been altered to suit the worship of people in the unending day.

I also note that there are curious "celestial" configurations at the spirit alters in Raven's Peace and near Wind's Sanctuary. It seems to me that they may represent an insight to our position in space, if not time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinc3WinD

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 am

Darkness isnt always bad and aggressive, like the necrolings seem to think there is a calming peace that is produced by darkness, that i miss therefore i am meditating often at the gazebo of chaos.
In the sourroundings of this area there is a shop...it holds the complete garment of the sungod!
is there something like this for the moongoddes? maybe we should investigate in this direction...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Penelope LightMoon

PostSubject: Necrovian Search   Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 am

Today the lands of Necrovia were explored. I had greatly hoped that in a land of darkness there would be found some token of starlight, or remembrance of the Moon.

Sadly, none was found.

This search continues. It is my hope that some little thing has yet been overlooked. Any and all eyes are asked to continue looking for artifacts and renderings when in any land. Those with access to restricted areas of MD lands are asked to watch especially closely.

In my possession I now hold renderings of the lands of Necrovia. I will study them more closely in the hopes that something, anything may have been overlooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarquinus

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:25 pm

I found two things of interest in Necrovion: a totem of some kind and the clock on the House of Tainted Times.

The totem is high in the branches of the Accursed Growth, which is either an enormous tree (like a perversion of Ravenhold, Limbertok called it) or home to very small people like the minions of the Drakhorn Master. The totem is tipped by a crescent: this could be a pair of horns, or the emblem of the crescent moon.

The clock on the House of Tainted Times has no hands.

-----

On another subject, going back to what Udgard said, does anyone remember having been in that tent? If you do, please describe everything you saw in detail. The Master Archivist hints that this matter is of considerable importance to our investigations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karak

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:42 am

On our journey to uncover the cause of Lady Neyla's disappearance, Penny & I stopped by the arch at the entrance to Loreroot.

I have thought that this archway may have been modified to hide it's orginal purpose to represent the celestial bodies around us. Penny observed that it seemed to be missing an orb for that to be true.

I tend to agree, but then where would the missing orb be found and if found and restored what would happen in the world.

Perhaps, this orb may be part of the missing key(s) to return the Moon and night to our world?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xcercses

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:22 am

well when i look at the global gazzebo in the MDA gardens i always think that it is a miniature of our world. but where is the moon and the sun in this global miniature? maybe this isnt even earth maybe it represents the moon or the sun.

but there is another thing: as you know necro is like a mirror and copys everything on the other side of the wall. but where is mount khel'thas, or the wasp totem? as i stand on the misteltoe bridge i can clearly see the sun over the bridge, but where is the bridge in necro? and i found out that necro is splittered in two pieces. but we cant get to the other side. and if necro is reflecting everything than there must be also a misteltoe bridge but with the moon and not the sun....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Penelope LightMoon

PostSubject: Reflections   Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:38 am

"as you know necro is like a mirror and copys everything on the other side of the wall. but where is mount khel'thas, or the wasp totem? as i stand on the misteltoe bridge i can clearly see the sun over the bridge, but where is the bridge in necro? and i found out that necro is splittered in two pieces. but we cant get to the other side. and if necro is reflecting everything than there must be also a misteltoe bridge but with the moon and not the sun...."

-xcerces

This so far is the most interesting post thus far to me. Because the Moon reflects. It does not shine with it's own light, but reflects the rays of the Sun back to us. Is Necrovia a mirror image? Is it the reflection of our own lands formed by the Moon which refuses to show itself to us?

I must state again that while the Moon is not seen, it is there. I KNOW it is there, I can feel it. While the Moon shines with the light of the Sun, it's reflection is not that of a mirror. It is not exact, it is not a replication. It shows a diffused image, a softer one. Could it be that Necro is not dark, but only more in shadow?

It is only a thought, but still...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A search for artifacts and renderings   

Back to top Go down

A search for artifacts and renderings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MagicDuel - Loreroot :: Children Of Eclipse :: Investigations-
Jump to: