This realm and That realm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otton

PostSubject: This realm and That realm   Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:56 pm

as I read the following:

Tarquinus wrote:
CrazyMike wrote:
sorry, but who are the children of eclipse?
and why are they in Loreroot forum?
We are a guild of Loreroot, and a subset of its alliance.

Our purpose is to serve the moon, which is a difficult thing for most to understand, but we also seek to learn the following:
  1. Why there is no cycle of night and day in this world.
  2. Why other natural cycles such as weather and seasons do not seem to occur.
  3. The nature of the observable sky.
  4. Whether natural cycles can be restored to this land - if, indeed, they ever existed.

so... where is the border between real and fiction? I am aware that there are people who do know a thing or two about reality that makes it more fictional then logical, I would like to see who knows and who is to know those things from now on, besides, where is the childs board? where is the "free zone"?
Otton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarquinus

PostSubject: Re: This realm and That realm   Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:39 am

Otton wrote:
so... where is the border between real and fiction?
That's an excellent question. "Fiction," as applied to MagicDuel, generally refers to things made up by one person (or a few) and declared to be real regardless of any evidence to the contrary in the game. Manu/Muratus del Mur, owner and lead developer of the game, discourages most fiction of this type, preferring that players learn about his creation and engage it.

Quote :
I am aware that there are people who do know a thing or two about reality that makes it more fictional then logical, I would like to see who knows and who is to know those things from now on
We all would, really. The Archivists and Legend Tellers can, in general, be trusted to say what is "real" in the game world. Most others have only hypotheses and theories.

Quote :
besides, where is the childs board?
If you mean the forum for the Children of the Eclipse, you have posted in it. What a Face You will not be able to see forums or topics restricted to certain groups; you cannot see the private forums of our group, for example, unless you join. We actively rather than passively recruit, as our Sibyl is selective about those she wishes to join our cause.

Quote :
where is the "free zone"?
I don't understand the question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otton

PostSubject: Re: This realm and That realm   Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:16 am

"free zone" and "childs board" is a place for all to post that do not match the forums profile, for example, a forum is about... computer stuff, in "childs board" would be topics like, how to gain weight, how to lose weight or something like it, so, this board would contain subjects not related to the main theam of the forum;

about that knowing things, I do mean the laws ruling this world, vizualization, prayer, afirmation, the law of attraction, mind over matter and this type of spiritual thngs;

as for my other obserwations, (I'm starting to loosen up a bit at this point, but still, somewhat dead serious) is it me or Your reply sounds more like a religious cult propaganda? or rather, computer geek wire connection to the brain? that world is made only with 1 and 0, its real for a PC, Mac, Linux, HTML, PHP, Java, Scriber or whatever, when You turn off Your PC, You see what is real and what is not, You don't have a war axe and You don't fight demons or dragons using chanted spells... so, saing that only few people know what is real and what is not is... for me, giving an excuse for running away from reality, there were cases with people playing 24/7 because they thought real life sucks;

in the end, I don't care if You are a mentor, guru or just a pawn in someones hand, I don't care if You enslave people with drugs or sex, I don't care if You believe that earth is flat or that a comand: spell \ fireball, target \ puppet; can do any damage or harm to this "puppet", I don't care if Your club is for the elites with IQ 250 and 1 mld $ in pocket change, I don't care about a lot of things around here, I do care about spiritual development and young people, what do You think will happen to them when they will come to this site and Believe Your words? it can do some serious damage, and the younger they are the easier it is to shape their character, so do think about some responsibility for Your words, I may be thrown away or baned, this topic may be closed or deleted, but it will not change the fact that You do need to step back and see what Your doing from a different point of view, I know I may take it too serious, but I say what I see;
Otton

P.S. sorry for spelling errors;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarquinus

PostSubject: Re: This realm and That realm   Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 am

Otton wrote:
as for my other obserwations, (I'm starting to loosen up a bit at this point, but still, somewhat dead serious) is it me or Your reply sounds more like a religious cult propaganda?
Wow. Um, ok... the Children of the Eclipse is a completely fictitious organization populated by completely fictitious characters. It has nothing to do with real life whatsoever other than its role in a web-based computer game.

Quote :
You turn off Your PC, You see what is real and what is not, You don't have a war axe and You don't fight demons or dragons using chanted spells... so, saing that only few people know what is real and what is not is... for me, giving an excuse for running away from reality, there were cases with people playing 24/7 because they thought real life sucks;
No. I do not have a war axe (what was I THINKING?!?), and do not fight demons. If you must know, I, Sebastian, the player and real person, am a skeptic and an atheist. I like fantasy RPGs for the escapism. Entertainment, yes? Fun. I have been known to get addicted to computer games, but the stuff you're talking about goes far, far beyond that.

Quote :
I do care about spiritual development and young people, what do You think will happen to them when they will come to this site and Believe Your words? it can do some serious damage, and the younger they are the easier it is to shape their character, so do think about some responsibility for Your words, I may be thrown away or baned, this topic may be closed or deleted, but it will not change the fact that You do need to step back and see what Your doing from a different point of view, I know I may take it too serious, but I say what I see
Ah, yes. This is a game. All words found here pertain to a work of fiction largely created by someone else. I and another player had the idea for this "moon cult," which is not a real organization of any kind. Ok?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otton

PostSubject: Re: This realm and That realm   Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:57 am

now I feel at eas;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This realm and That realm   

Back to top Go down

This realm and That realm
Page 1 of 1