MagicDuel - Loreroot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creature ideas

Go down 
+8
*abaddun*
udgard
Vessiel
Thyron
CrazyMike
Dahc Nosral
Eden
Morquor
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I've started topic, because on the main forum of MD it was opened too. I think we shall write down ideas of creatures here, and maybe even creature stats, post pictures of what we wanna see in our army Smile
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Will-O-Wisp   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

What u lot think about the Spirit of the Forest, the Will-O-Wisp?
I think this shall be a support unit, similar to the Bird from Wind's Crossing.

It shall have a power-based ability called Empower
Empower ability shall increase a friendly creature's attack strength, with a great value (it has nearly the same effect in combat like the Weaken defence...). The wisp shall be weak too, have low vitality, but this powerful skill. At higher levels it shall boost All creature's attack, with about a value of 140 (with 70 power), so this creature will have nearly the same effect of a Weaken defence creature.
But we want an unique creature, not a reverse-Weaken Def creature, you may say. For this, i think this creature shall have a special ability, just as Birdie. It shall be Reanimation. The Wisp should be able to keep your creatures "alive" in a very strange way: when they die, it will take control of their dead bodies. Just like marionette. The creature shall live for the next few rounds (depends on Wisp level), dealing 33% damage or doing 33% effect. The dead creature is dead, it is immortal. If the wisp dies, all Reanimated creatures will fade too.

Is it a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Eden
Loreroot High Council Member
Eden

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Very good idea...i like it very much....As you know i'm the creature tamer...and just now we(me and the team) are doing stats for the next md creatures....so for the stats i will help....
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:32 pm

If u've read my comments on MD forum/Necrovion/Abominable creatures, you can see, i can do something too Smile
If i'll have some time, I'll design this one, in description and maybe in stats too

PS: You are in creature team?? That means u lot and Mur wanna put some new creatures in? I've got lots of ideas, i'll write some of them down, if there is a chance they'll get in...
Back to top Go down
Dahc Nosral

Dahc Nosral

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:38 am

ill try to come up with pics but here is the will-o-wisps

Creature ideas Will-o10

how does it look oh and PS. i didnt draw this just to let u know Smile
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Yeah, this is the base of the Wisp i've imagined (imagined... bad word, wisps are so common...) too.
It should look something like this... Smile
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Love the wisp
but since we are one with nature, maybe we can have more creature slots.
Extra 4 slots for more creatures? cheers

How about more plant based creatures like the tree that we have?

Creature: Dark Oak
Ability: Steal Life, Heal, Protect

I know its similiar to elemental but its more in sync with our nature

We can make it different by having stronger attack power!
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:42 pm

CrazyMike wrote:
Love the wisp
but since we are one with nature, maybe we can have more creature slots.
Extra 4 slots for more creatures? cheers

How about more plant based creatures like the tree that we have?

Creature: Dark Oak
Ability: Steal Life, Heal, Protect

I know its similiar to elemental but its more in sync with our nature

We can make it different by having stronger attack power!

I must disagree with you, we don't need any more lifestealers. They are two powerful lifestealers, and they fit all role they can, no more is needed.
But thats true Loreroot shall have more plant-based creature. What about this:

Young Oak:
Role: Basic attacker creature then, at higher levels "guardian"
Description: A very young tree, animated by an unknown nature spirit of Loreroot. This creature is very weak, it's bark haven't even evolved yet, but as it ages, it will grow stronger and stronger.
Actions: Damage, Weak/Dying
stats:
Attack: 20 Def: 3 Initiative: 0 Vitality: 400

Oak
Descript: This animated oak, has strong bark, and as it grows larger and larger, it's becoming more hardy.
Actions: damage, Weak/Strong/Dying
Stats:
attack 35, Def 10 initiative 0, vitality 1000

Oak II
Description: A real tough nut now, this Oak strides slowly on the battlefield, like a living bastion. It's real hard to take him now, and his root trample deals powerful damage to enemies....
Actions: Damage, Strong
Stats
attack: 50, def 30, initiative 0 vitality 2000

Oak Protector
Description: The Oak Protector is like a fortress, it defends friendly creatures with himself. It's bark is nearly unpenetratable, and now it can force enemies to attack it, instead of other creatures..
Actions: Duel, Damage Strong, Random
stats:
Attack 60 Def 60, initiative 0, Vitality 2750

Duel: Attack based, enemy creature cannot attack any other target than the Oak Protector for 3 rounds, but takes only 50% damage from this attack (30 this time).

Oak Protector II:
Description: dunno the same... Very Happy
Actions: Damage, Duel Strong, Random
Stats:
attack: 70 Def, 75, initiative -1, Vitality 3500

Oak Guardian:
Description: The Oak protector is now too big to focus on its enemies, but it's bark plating is like rock...
Actions: Damage, Duel Random, Multiple
Stats:
attack 90 Def 90, initiative -2, Vitality 4500

This creature is useful to sOAK up a lot of damage, while defending other low vit or important creatures...
Back to top Go down
Thyron

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm

I had a similar idea for the wisp o'will/forest spirit.
I think empower is to similar to weaken defence.
For this creature I was thinking about an ability I'd call enchant (still looking for a better name).
Enchant would cause one of your creatures (at higher level maybe more) to drain the life of enemies. Your creatures would do their normal damage, but will also gain a certain percent of the damage done. So the creature would heal itself by attacking. The amount would be based on the level of the forest spirit.

I'm all for more plant creatures for Loreroot. I would suggest a creature that would use vines and roots to bound enemies. Thereby the enemies would be weakened and at higher levels they would not be able to act at all, like freeze.
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:46 am

Yay! Lots of great ideas.

The new creature can replace the elemental egg which is already available at the Wind Sanctuary. Very Happy

What are the logistics of replacing it?
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 am

Thyron, you are correct. But i think giving lifesteal to a Grasan or a Dark Archer 3 will be too strong. It would steal life from All enemy creatures, and will do damage too??? There would be no use of elementals and All-attacker creatures would become powerful healers too. If they Steal 5% from each enemy, thats a lot of Vitality, and they'll do it in damage too, and then damage them with their attack too??? That would be overpowered.
But the idea is good, maybe lovely little Wisp may give another tipe of boost. I still insist that my idea of Reanimation (as passive ability) is cool, but Empower shall be changed. (Yes the word enchant is more better for a wisp.)
What about this: This will increase main attribute (attack power and regeneration) by a percentage?? With this, wisp could be a powerful support. For example: wisp's got 60 power, and uses Enchant on friendly target Max Grasan. That would increase the the grasans attack by 60*(1/2) so by 30%, and that would mean Grasan's power is increased by 30%, so his attack would be 130 instead of 100. Next round, this would be 130*1,3, thats 169 Attack, so this ability would stack. Now more likely it is, i think

What about this??
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 pm

I still prefer Morquor's Oak Guardian. It is more in tune with the spirit of Loreroot.

Maybe we can shortlist the kind of creature we want, put it to Nelya to shortlist, and have a vote on it.

Then Nelya can pass it on to Mur to replace the elemental egg in Loreroot.

The creature can be exclusive only to members of Loreroot.

Players will be knocking down our doors to get in.... tongue
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:59 pm

I agree with you, but first we shall define about 3-4 creatures before voting, and not only their names and roles! We must describe them, like i did with the Oak protector. Maybe if I'll have time, i'll write down my idea of wisp (with % effect enchantment and reanimation), and if i've got any more ideas, i'll write it down. But please if u got any good ideas, write it down, and not only the main concept. Write down 1-2 levels of it with description, and then we would be able to make a voting.
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 pm

I hope you guys like this

Ivy:
Description: A little plant that is reaching for the sun. Though small, its vines can be very annoying and tricky.
Targets: Random
Abilities: Weaken Defence
Vital Energy: 200
Attack: 20
Def: 5

Creeping Ivy:
Description: Its vines are stronger now. It can grip enemies and make them weak.
Targets: Weak Creatures, Strong Creatures
Abilities: Weaken Defence
Vital Energy: 600
Attack: 40
Defence: 10
Initiative: 2

Poison Ivy:
Description: A beautiful plant with enchanting flowers. Reaching its maturity, its flowers produce pollens that will hurt anyone that breaths it. Its branches are thickening turning to bark, making it tougher and stronger.
Targets: Multiple
Abilities: Damage, Weaken Defence
Vital Energy: 1000
Attack: 60
Defence: 20
Initiative: 3

Mystic Ivy
Description: It has now evolved into a mysterious plant that produces pollens that induces great pain. Its body now resembles a tree, tough, strong and firm. Bark as its skin allows it to take numerous attacks without falling.
Abilities: Damage
Vital Energy: 3000
Attack: 80
Defence: 30

Dark Ivy:
Description: Its bark turning black making it more tree like than plant, casting a shadow over all in the forest. Its presence can be felt even from afar. Its dark strong vines encircling around strengthening its body. Its vines no longer flexible enough to move but turning into a powerful shield that will repel all normal attacks.
Targets: All
Abilities: Damage
Attack: 100
Defence: 60
Initiative: 5

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
Dahc Nosral

Dahc Nosral

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:25 am

sorry guys i dont have any pics Sad ... but ill keep looking Wink
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Hmm, i like it, but if u take a better look: it's nearly the same as the Heretic Archer, except that this one has some levels of Multiple targets. At the end it is a creature with same role as Chaos Archer, but better stats (i don't have a Chaos Archer yet, need 12 age...).

But if it could just have a new ability of "poison attack", then it shall be better i think:
Posion attack: Deals no damage on first round, then deals 33% of attack damage each round. Poison damage taken is stackable, so:
If attacks a creature (with example of 60 attack), then it takes no damage first round, then 20 damage 2th round. If attacks the same creature the next round, it will take 40 damage next round, etc.
Just and idea

(Sry CrazyMike for always saying that your ideas are wrong... Sad I try to hold myself back from saying like this again, but it's my opinion...)
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:13 pm

No offence taken.

I like the idea that we criticise each other. it helps make ideas better.

this is all about teamwork.

we all have our strengths. together we can be unbeatable. Very Happy

(btw, i did think of poison, but i couldnt figure out how it will work. i guess you solve that for me. Razz )
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:16 pm

If you looker closer, Poison could be the powerfullets attack type... If it attacks random, and there are two max grasans set on weaken... One Ivy and two grasans could take over an army... They'll take 20 poison damage each, and +200damage because of Weaken, and this will even grow... Very Happy
Maybe a little bit too powerful, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 am

I am not very good with numbers. So, when u start talking about battle percentages, I get lost.

So, we have three creatures now.... the oak, wisp and ivy. Do we need more before putting it to the vote?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Vessiel
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:15 am

hey guys what about some elemental power? i know that we already have a creature with that name but i mean a set of creatures based on elements like: Water, lightining, fire, ice, air, earth. thay could have a bonus/malus based on which ground u choose to attack and different kind of abilities.

For example: an ice creature could have "Freeze" an abilitie that stops an enemy creature for 1 or more round... or an earth creature should have a very efficient defence skill....stuff like this

let me know waht u think... i didn't put stats because i'm not very good at Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:35 am

Hmmm.... I'll think of a elemental creature

But here is sumthing from the vault.

Its a strong defensive creature.

Pokok:
Description: Born in the middle of the forest, its existence is known to just a few. It is rumoured that its body has medicinal properties while some claim that it is poisonous, but nobody can deny that it is very smart.
Targets: Random
Abilities: Defend
Vital Energy: 200
Power: 20
Def: 5

Pokok Duri:
Description: After consistently tasting blood, it has grown quickly, an accelerated growth that is both beautiful and scary. Though still considered a young one, but it has already attain the strength of an adult.
Targets: Weak Creatures, Strong Creatures, Dying
Vital Energy: 1000
Power: 50
Defence: 10
Initiative: 2

Pokok Rendang:
Description: A strange transformation. Its body has started to sprout branch like arms. It just stands tall looking over everything else.
Vital Energy: 2500
Power: 70
Defence: 20

Pokok Besar
Description: It now stands majestic tall and mighty. Casting a protective shadow over everything. It now show its true self. It is a tree that is sentient. A tree that has reach a higher plane of consciousness. A unique creature that protects everything near it.
Targets: All
Vital Energy: 5000
Power: 100
Defence: 30

hope you guys like it.

bounce
Back to top Go down
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:58 am

OMG

duri : thorns

Besar : big

but Rendang? I thought that Rendang is the name of food from Padang!
Back to top Go down
Morquor

Morquor

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:29 pm

Hmm let's do some maths again.. Very Happy
it has quite high initiative, and 100 power defence. It means that, if it starts before enemies, it would reduce all damage taken under 100 to 1 point. I dunno i have no creature that dealy more than 100 damage yet. So, if the enemy has I max Grasan, set on weaken, it will negate the ffect of this Creature. But if the enemy hasn't got weaken defender (omg, bad omen) than it's got no chance to win (maybe with lifestealers...). One of these stuffs can negate very-very much damage...

But i think this is a good idea, maybe values are too strong.
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:50 pm

Well I thought Rendang also means Low lying. Nice to know someone else understands Malay.

Morquor, maybe u can suggest the stats.

I was thinking of a strong defensive creature.

Maybe it was abit too strong? Razz

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Eden
Eden

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 am

I'm sorry....but at the moment i'm really really busy.....i'm appreciating all your work and ideas....when later i will have some times i will see what i can do to make all your suggestions take life in the game.....Sorry Again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Creature ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creature ideas   Creature ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creature ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next