MagicDuel - Loreroot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I wish to lend my service to the root

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vladamere

Vladamere

I wish to lend my service to the root Empty
PostSubject: I wish to lend my service to the root   I wish to lend my service to the root Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 pm

I am Vladamere. I am new to this land and am still finding my way. However I have a strong desire to serve Loreroot, and the forest beckons to me. I find myself in the land of MD most every day, for far longer than I probably should, and each day the call of the forest causes a stirring within my soul.

I am beginning to learn the principles of Light, Darkness and Balance, as this is the way of all life. Death and decay are a necessary part of the cycle of life, and are required for the growth and vitality of new life. I wish to dedicate myself, and whatever power I should acquire, to the tending of the great forest itself. I feel a deep affinity for the trees; Those ancient giants whose wisdom knows no bounds and in whom the last memories of times long passed still reside. I would learn from their wisdom, and if allowed to join with Loreroot, I vow to protect the forest to my dying breath, from enemies both without and from within.

Respectfully,
Vladamere

Last edited by Vladamere on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root
Raven

PostSubject: Re: I wish to lend my service to the root   I wish to lend my service to the root Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 am

Have you thought of any role you could be playing in our alliance? Post any ideas you may have for it and write a story about it.

I also noticed that you already have kind of a mentor in our alliance.. SageWoman.. So if she's willing to help you and intruduce you to alliance then its just time and dedication you need to join our alliance.
Back to top Go down
Vladamere

Vladamere

PostSubject: Re: I wish to lend my service to the root   I wish to lend my service to the root Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:02 pm

I have been called many things, the most common of which has been, "The Wanderer." But my true name is Vladamere; Now and always.

I can not tell you where I am from, for I know not myself. I am not even sure of who I am, for I have many conflicting memories. I live in torment of these memories that are like the shifting sands of the dessert; sometimes firm enough to stand upon, yet the grains slip easily through my fingers when I try to grasp on to them.

I have the sense that I have led many lives before this one. I have done horrible things, and have experienced the joys and profound pleasures of love and family. I have killed many times, yet have also been the savior to many. I have held positions of much respect and adoration, as well as the lowliest of the insignificant.

These many paths that I have trod continue to cross and converge with the road I now follow, as I am the focal point of all of my past and my future. I bear the load of these past lives, and the torment of conflicting lifestyles. My role is to find the balance of my past, and to maintain that equilibrium through the journey I now find myself on. Only in this Balance am I able to maintain my sanity.

I do not know where my path will lead me, but I know that I am prepared for what lies before me, because I have lived it many times over.

It is my hope that I will someday find the road that will lead me back to my original life, so I might be free at last from my never-ending journey. Only then will I truly know where I came from, who I am, and why I have been made to travel this road for so long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because of my past experiences, and the pain I have both felt and caused, I now travel mostly alone. I say mostly, because I have one faithful friend who accompanies me wherever I go. He is a small, black falcon with eyes of piercing blue. I call him Onyx, and he seems to accept that.

Once again Onyx and I have set foot upon a new road; a strange and beautiful world that is exotic and yet vaguely familiar. I know not what adventures lie ahead of us, but I embrase the chance to be moving forward once again... another step closer to finally reaching the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I stand before the great Guardians of Loreroot, I hear a whisper in the wind, "See me for what I am... Know me and know thyself." I feel a strange pulling at my inner soul, a stirring of something inside me. I am drawn to these ancient tree like guardians of old, yet as I approach, I am struck to the ground, where I lay unconscious.

I awake to a gentle, caring touch, and the friendly smile of a woman I have never seen before.

"Be calm" She says, "You were injured by the guards. I have bandaged you up as best I can, but you need to rest for a while."

"I thank you for your kindness, might I have your name?"

"I am SageWoman" She replies."I sense great potential within you, but you are yet young to this world. You must prepare yourself before you attempt to pass this way again. In time, you will grow stronger, and soon realize your true purpose, but for now, be patient. When the time is right you will know it. I must be on my way now but you may call upon me if ever you are in need."

SageWoman picked up her bags of herbs and packed them neatly into her satchel. As she merged with the trees at the edge of the forest, she called back over her shoulder, "We shall meet again, Vladamere. You will see"

Realizing I had not given her my own name, I remained on the cool grass pondering the events of these last few days. As I stood and gathered up my simple wooden staff, a familiar cry came to my ears. A moment later, Onyx dropped through the clouds, circled over head and then landed on my outstretched arm. Once he was settle in his place on my left shoulder, we began our way back to Marble Dale Park to seek the answers and training I would need to enter this great forest that calls to my very soul.

To Be Continued.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the point in my story at which I now find myself... I am writing my story as it unfolds, and do not wish to run rough shod over the game history and mechanical systems. As my knowledge and understanding of MD evolve, so shall my story. The next "chapter" shall take up when I pass the Loreroot Guards, and begin to realise some of who i truly am, and why I have had to relive so many lives ... (if it is not too presumptuous of me, I have in mind that My soul has been waiting for the return of the Moon to the skies of MD...and, if acceptable, would like to associate myself with The Children of The Eclipse in this way).

My role is to be a "Tree Tender". I would use a magical association with Nature to protect and care for the growth and vitality of the forest, and its inhabitants. I would like to be a medium, or conduit of sorts, to the knowledge, wisdom and memories of the great trees of the forest. Not a religious leader as such, but a spiritual personage, none the less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wish to lend my service to the root   I wish to lend my service to the root Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wish to lend my service to the root
Page 1 of 1