MagicDuel - Loreroot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot

Go down 
+7
Dahc Nosral
lord3angle
Firsanthalas
SageWoman
.NelyaSetesh.
BlackThorn
Calyx of Isis
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Empty
PostSubject: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:30 pm

At the invitation of Lady Neyla Setesh a Loreroot dojo and safe zone is hereby established in Loreroot at Defensive Quarters (i.e. outside the shop). The rules at this dojo are as at the others.
  1. You must request and receive permission before any attack.
  2. Attackers will please copy battle logs and offer to share them with defenders (by pm) so both may learn.
  3. Idle players may be attacked only if they have left word it is ok. Dojo staff will make a note of those open to attack. If a player commonly permits attacks while idle in dojo, the permission may be assumed. N.B. Do not abuse this rule or it will be rescinded.
The Calyx of Isis, Mistress of the Dojo
Back to top Go down
BlackThorn
Support Group Member
Support Group Member
BlackThorn

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 pm

deleted

Last edited by BlackThorn on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
.NelyaSetesh.
Loreroot High Council Member
Loreroot High Council Member

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Greetings BlackThorn,

A such society could be advantage for Loreroot, the root is for the moment very weak because lots of people haven't their faith into Loreroot and the Root, so it is sleeping actually including all the powers that it can offer to all the prayers of this faith. If we can, we need to find some people ready to discover this faith and perhaps some of them, once they obtained a perfect faith, they can access to a new plan of existence to become one with the Root. I don't know if it is possible but we have to do some search in this way. It will be the goal of this society, perhaps religion can allow to discover new sources of spiritual powers...

I need to speak about it with the Loreroot High Council to create or not this society. If the council accept the creation of this society i would like you, Blackthorn, manage this society and begins your journey towards the path of faith. Perhaps you can find people to support you in your journey. Of course i will be always here to support you...
Back to top Go down
https://lorerootmd.forumactif.org
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 am

BlackThorn wrote:
I’m so impressed with "Mitakuyé Oyasin". When I studied Physics years ago and learned everything is made up of the same elemental particles of matter as makes up the stars. I had this same revelation that everyone and everything is connected, and each is only a tiny part of a greater whole. Mitakuyé Oyasin, now I have the words to express what I have always deeply believed.

I have spent most of my life listening to the songs of Wind Through Trees, of Ocean Waves, of Thunderstorms in the Desert, of Rain in the Mountains. I chose this aspect for my character because it so closely follows what is at the very crux of my own deeply held beliefs. I have always sought the voices of trees and stones, the language of no words, of no recognizable forms. A language so pure it speaks only to the open heart and soul. It is music. It is the echo of the natural world around us. It is Mitakuyé Oyasin. Thank you Calyx. You have given me a great gift.
Thank you, BlackThorn. It is nice to know someone has received the gift and appreciates. I am merely passing on what I have received with the same awe and delight as you.

I find it interesting that traditional spiritual beliefs prefigured the discoveries of quantum physics by 2,500 years (Buddhism), 3,000 to 4,000 years (Taoism), or even more than 15,000 years (shamanism).

BlackThorn, as you already know, but not so many others, I try to live by these principles every day. It is almost exactly 18 years since I first discovered and began to live according to traditional Native American wisdom teachings. Since then, I came to accept myself first as a woman, then as a Two-Spirit. After that came studies with Native American holy (“medicine”) women, a holy man, and a Two-Spirit tribal shaman. I have found those teachings in alignment with Taoism and many aspects of Buddhism, so I study those spiritual teachings, as well.

Given my background, you know that I will help you as much as I can. The dojo was created to foster player cooperation, respect, discipline, and restraint. As in real world martial arts, the skills one learns are but part of a larger goal, self mastery. In this regard, the purposes of the secret society and of the dojo are closely aligned.

The phrase mitakuyé oyasin is used by Native Americans when parting from each other. Less frequently, it is also a greeting. Though in the language of the Siouxan peoples it is now used by Native Americans of all tribes. I’ve explained it as it was first explained to me. I could write so much more about it. Not being Native American by birth I am a little uneasy about using this phrase as the name of the group, though it’s a common enough means of name formation. I suppose it is ok so long as the explanation is always near by.
Back to top Go down
BlackThorn
Support Group Member
Support Group Member
BlackThorn

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:29 pm

I too am a student of the way. have you ever read a scroll called the Vinegar Tasters? If not i will definately enjoy sharing it with you as it is one of my favorite taoist stories. i am a Bard after all.

Mitakuyé Oyasin.

BlackThorn

Last edited by BlackThorn on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:38 am

BlackThorn wrote:
I too am a student of the way. have you ever read a scroll called the Vinegar Tasters? If not i will definately enjoy sharing it with you as it is one of my favorite taoist stories. i am a Bard after all.

I thought not to use the phrase as the name of the group but as a way of reminding each other that we are all connected to each other and to the Root. you have a pivotal role to play...if our idea is approved by Mur. Nelya will be taking our proposal to him today. I hope you feel better. we miss you in the game. Mitakuyé Oyasin.
BlackThorn
Vinegar Tasters? No, I've not heard of it, though I am one, myself.

I have a pivotal role to play? Perhaps I am being thick, but I don't see it. I listen with all my senses. In the mean time I keep muttering to myself, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it."

As for feeling better... this will take time. Probably a month for all visible signs of the infection to leave. However this the the fourth occurrence in eleven months and my doctor is suffciently concerned this time to order tests for blood clots and x-rays to ensure the bones are not being effective. My mom, knows at least one person who lost a leg to cellulitis , so my play time is going to be reduced until I can either sit at my desk or someone makes me a gift of a notebook pc (not bloody likely).

I miss the game and check in daily, but this infection is a bit scarey.
Back to top Go down
SageWoman

SageWoman

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Calyx of Isis wrote:
At the invitation of Lady Neyla Setesh a Loreroot dojo and safe zone is hereby established in Loreroot at Defensive Quarters (i.e. outside the shop). The rules at this dojo are as at the others.
  1. You must request and receive permission before any attack.
  2. Attackers will please copy battle logs and offer to share them with defenders (by pm) so both may learn.
  3. Idle players may be attacked only if they have left word it is ok. Dojo staff will make a note of those open to attack. If a player commonly permits attacks while idle in dojo, the permission may be assumed. N.B. Do not abuse this rule or it will be rescinded.
The Calyx of Isis, Mistress of the Dojo

Mistress! I am alive! Rumors of my death were not exaggerated as you had seen. However, during my brief passing, I was able to give assistance to those in need. I could not leave the Dojo (Marble Park) so instead of wailing and carring on a stereo-type like behavior lol! I used that time to be helpful. The lesson was learned. Even the unseen can be beneficial.

SageWoman
Back to top Go down
Firsanthalas
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Calix, there are a lot of people breaking dojo rules over at Marble Dale Park and outside the gates.
The worst part is that there are quite a few repeat offenders.
Back to top Go down
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 am

Firsanthalas wrote:
Calix, there are a lot of people breaking dojo rules over at Marble Dale Park and outside the gates.
The worst part is that there are quite a few repeat offenders.
I am aware of the problem. We try to contact every offender, but it is difficult. If you know of repeat offenders please PM me or one of my apprentices in game or here. A Hall of Shame may be coming soon.

My apprentices are SageWoman and Meru Chi. For a complete list of dojo staff and rules please see the Dojo area in the official forums.
Back to top Go down
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:23 am

[quote="SageWoman"]
Calyx of Isis wrote:
Mistress! I am alive! Rumors of my death were not exaggerated as you had seen. However, during my brief passing, I was able to give assistance to those in need. I could not leave the Dojo (Marble Park) so instead of wailing and carring on a stereo-type like behavior lol! I used that time to be helpful. The lesson was learned. Even the unseen can be beneficial.

SageWoman
Even in spirit form you wre magnificent, my apprentice. Your efforts were deeply appriciated. And yes Very Happy the dojo teach many more lessons than just the obvious ones.

I love you Calyx of Isis
Back to top Go down
lord3angle

lord3angle

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:53 pm

As to the Dojo offenders, I think, Mistress Calyx, we should come up with some kind of sanction to promote discontinue of such violations.,

Let's take for example First Violation, be a reminder, such as to receive a message from the staff present, or who recieve the complaint.

Second violation, as you said earlier, a "List of Shame" that may be viewed within the Dojo.

And a heavier sanction for a third time and so on..

I believe the Dojo to be a respectable set-up, for a respectable game, therefore for respectable players.. An one who does not respects rules, does not deserve any respect as well..

REspects.

lord3angle
Suspect
Back to top Go down
Firsanthalas
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Calyx.

There is a player 'Mcvitie' has has been told about the dojo and has said and I quote 'oh i give up but i hall atack when and where i like end of!!!!'.
He refuses to accept the dojo rules. He has been shown the forum and read it and multiple people have told him about it.
Back to top Go down
Firsanthalas
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:00 pm

Further repeat offenders are:

Ido22
Sparkle Monster
Back to top Go down
BlackThorn
Support Group Member
Support Group Member
BlackThorn

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Firsanthalas wrote:
Further repeat offenders are:

Ido22
Sparkle Monster

Could you also post what MP level that they are...so we can all gang attack them "when and were ever" we like...

BlackThorn
Back to top Go down
Dahc Nosral

Dahc Nosral

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:54 am

yaaaaaa what BlackThorn said Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Firsanthalas
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Most are MP3, but there are others. What makes it difficult though is that there are a lot of people who are using 'Hit and Run' tactics.
Anyway, at the time I asked Wodin to intervene. Permanent stat damage has a way of changing people's minds pirat
Back to top Go down
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:40 pm

It is interesting to see this thread used this way. Yes. we do need to keep an organized list. On it we need to know
  1. name
  2. level
  3. Number of separate offenses -- not the number of people attacked at one time, but how many times has the player come and attacked.
  4. Action taken with date
  5. Player's response with date.
Will someone create and maintain this list for me. Start a separate thread called Hall of Shame. I have ideas about how to make the names of theses persons known to all, not just forum users.

Many things will change after the festival. At that time the rule on idle players will be changed. Idle exists in a game so a player may engage in combat without being present. It is an alternative to logging out. Experience has show that the current rule does not work as it is unenforceable. Making Idle players safe at all times would be a mistake. Therefore they must be fair game. Players who need to regenerate should log off. Only active players can be protected from attack.

It would seem that Marind's Bell Dojo is receiving a new home and location. Glor is designing the area. As Mur participated in that thread, it would seem this is moving forward with or without me.

The location of the Dojo in No Man's Land is changing, too. I can say little except that one set of negotiations has concluded and that Dojo shall have a powerful protector and teacher.

I will know more when the festival is over and the dust has settled. Apparently Mur, Neyla, and others have plans meant as a surprise for me. I am a slave to the events as they unfold.
Back to top Go down
CrazyMike

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:56 am

hahaha....

Calyx will thro a fit if she knows you guys are gang banging LOL

anyways, check out the new thread to handle the offenders

give yr feed back there

"DO NOT FIGHT WITH PIGS, FOR IT WILL ONLY MAKE THEM HAPPY AND GET YOU DIRTY"

Razz
Back to top Go down
Thyron

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Is it just me or is the Loreroot dojo totally deserted? I think as the support group, we should try to get the dojo back on its feet.
Any ideas how to repopulated the dojo?
Back to top Go down
stormrunner

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:07 pm

put a bar in it
Back to top Go down
Tarquinus

Tarquinus

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Ha! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot   The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Way of the Dojo -- The dojo comes to Loreroot
Page 1 of 1