MagicDuel - Loreroot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the region of Loreroot for the game MagicDuel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speaking of Spies, we have a problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SageWoman

SageWoman

Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Empty
PostSubject: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:18 pm

WE have a new spy in our midst and he is in plain sight. Stormrunner joined Necrovion. My first act as councilwoman was to pm Stormrunner and ask if he would be a spy for necrovion. If ge did not want that, I asked him not to respond to my pm. Stormrunner did not respond and told his Leader, Marvolo what was asked of him. Which, as a loyal Sentinel is appropriate. However, I got chewed out by Marvolo in Yahoo Messenger.

Stormrunner has always been welcomed in DQ and still will be dispite his Skull. My grouse is, that we as Lorerootians have grown complaciant and talke about subjects openly and this needs to stop. Not only does Necrovions visit, but so do other alliances outiside of Loreroot and their supporters.

I propose that all Guardians of the Root as well as the High Council take steps to take their chats to the Alliance chat page. Hold your friends close, but our "Allies" closer. I hesitate to use the term "enemies".

Another matter I want to bring up, is to watch how the YM is used when talking about matters. All of us have Alts in other alliances. When you are that Alt, do not speak about matters that you know of in Loreroot. You are in character and should not have that information.

Respectfully,

SageWoman
LHO and Dojo Staff
CouncilWoman
Back to top Go down
Calyx of Isis
Dojo Mistress
Dojo Mistress
Calyx of Isis

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:03 am

Excelent uidea, though I would remind you that Calyx of Isis and Tarquinus do not have access to the alliance page. Do not cut the out of discussions by failing to keep them up to date.
Back to top Go down
udgard
Guardians of the Root
Guardians of the Root

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:18 am

I agree..
Loreroot has become too complacent lately, especially when people started inviting just about everyone they like to the alliance. Sure, it was fun to have a lot of fun and interesting people on the alliance (I consider most of the alliance members a personal friend, except some that I never met before), but problems also rose. Since most of these people are, well, social people, secrets started leaking out because people forget that what they are talking about is alliance secret. And not to mention how recruitment process became messed up, with some people following the procedure and registered on the forum, became a support member, waited a long time for approval, then see some people who never even registered as a support member suddenly accepted directly to the alliance..
Well, with Loreroot having a cleanup lately, I hope we can use this chance to become more organized and 'professional'
as an alliance, and start separating alliance matters from daily.chats.
Back to top Go down
Firsanthalas
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 pm

In regards to recruitment, there is a new process being tested. This involves candidtates using the forum as before, but also requiring a sponsor (an existing alliance member or council member like Calyx).
New recruits will then be assessed and supervised by a mentor (most likely the sponsor) and there is a two week probation period.
Anyway, only council members can admitt a person into Loreroot alliance from now on. If someone is admitted in another way, they may simply be kicked out.

If anyone has any suggestions on people to join the alliance, please feel free to state the name of the person and reasons.
Back to top Go down
stormrunner

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:50 pm

I was never a spy against loreroot, Sad if I was I would have accepted and feed loreroot false infomation Twisted Evil

and that system sounds a lot like necrovion's master and acolyte, Shocked which is a good one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Firsanthalas
Support Group Member
Support Group Member

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Well, I have no idea how other alliance go about recruiting or admiting people. To be honest, I dont care, my only concern is finding a system that works for us.
"Spying" really is a dirty word Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Spies, we have a problem   Speaking of Spies, we have a problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Spies, we have a problem
Page 1 of 1